Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Fam Visitation and Early March Madness


Early March started well with some fresh snow to improve conditions, and milder temps settled in. A few early storms brought some suprising pow days, which helped everyones demeanor around this place.

I had Fam in town for the past 5 days. Dad and Cole, my little cousin, came out to see what I actually do in my winter life out here in Montana. Neither of them had been even remotely west- i mean dad visited me in chi a couple times but thats it. Both of them were dealing with some altitude issues in the first few days (getting winded easily)....
Early March started well with some fresh snow to improve conditions, and milder temps settled in.

Dad hadn't skied in 10+ years easy and Cole was used to waiting in lines at Okemo and riding Wachusetts, so both of them got more than they planned for. I gave a few days of mountain tours to the both of them, and in the off time dad took around 500 photos total.

Hectic times call for drastic measures; thats kinda what im on right now as far as work progress is going. Theres a lot of variables in the work right now so to anyone interested just stay tuned, we're trying to make March happen like February didn't, but so far its off to a solid snowfall start. Derek from DC is coming through in about a week also, so we'll see what March brings....

2 comments:

ben said...

hey goodluck with that fleshlight stuff....

Chris Jackson (Pooba) said...

Damn sucka. I want to comment on your blog, but all this bullshit is in the way...Delete those advertising mofo's. You oughta turn on the word verification...

Sounds like you had some quality time with the family. I remember being kinda winded up there. And I sure did get jacked on those slopes. My neck was sore for two weeks. I like those images you put up. The one with the roaring sky, rolling hills, distant mountains, and some spectators is nice. And you got a shot of the last Bison. Good work Ben. I'll assume you got the shot right before you slaughtered it like a good Montanian would....or is that just Jimmy Buffet that would?...