Monday, May 15, 2006

...Trying To Keep It Right


Let's see...we got back from New York a few days ago to extreme torrential downpours in Massachusetts, unrivalved I'd say to my memory. 8-15 inches are numbers i'm familiar with for snowfall, but to get that in rain?!? Forget about that! Southern New Hampshire/north of Boston is getting an unfathomable amount of water and theres rampant flooding. Down at my parents house it hasn't been too bad, none of the usual spots had any water leakage. It's just felt like groundhogs day, every day it just rains and is dark outside....so it's a slightly depressing weather affair over here right now.

This is a photo I took of the Whitestone bridge. It's blurry and you can see the hood of my truck, but im not posting this for its beauty. First attempt at leaving NYC about at this same spot the 4runner I was driving just shut off in motion. I was in the middle lane goin around 40, and all of a sudden in heavy traffic I have no power steering and no juice in my battery. We coasted into that middle meridian thing and had to push the truck up to get outta the way. In no time an MTA truck was there to help me get the truck off the road by bumping me. A cop showed up really quick too for clearing a path thru the traffic. Even AAA showed up with a tow truck in no time- everything was fast. The whole incident left us with needing a new battery and alternator, about a 500 price tag in full. We had to waste time walking around College Point for the afternoon, or more like Target. For some reason this Target had red balls out front of it. I wanted to skate them but didn't have the board. Here's Jenny posing with one letting you know how life-size they are....

Jenny took the first photo also of the city skyline. That's from off the Whitestone bridge, the 2nd time around, which went smoothly....

The gameplan is Chicago this week, Minneapolis this weekend, Big Sky some time a week from now....I really need to start working again.....sigh...

"Hung Up On My Baby" - Isaac Hayes
"Elevators" OS Remix - Outkast
"Feelin'" - Kamaal the Abstract
"Feel Like Makin' Love" - Roberta Flack
"Locked Away" - N.E.R.D. (props to the OSN for that one!)

1 comment:

mb aquino said...

call me on your way into chicago