Friday, June 20, 2008

Movies I Almost Forgot About


The past few weeks have been nothing short of the definition of hair-raising, with a lot of sarcasm intended. I've been a one-man army here in southern mass, holding myself down single-handedly by trips to the local beach (the ocean-the real deal!), biking trails, and kayaking with my dad. I've also been looking less at craigslist job opportunities and concentrating my efforts on getting into graduate school in the fall for new media at emerson in boston. This opportunity has provided me with a chance to take the GRE's- and all this time I thought I was done with taking tests.....well it's been a solid goal to work towards for me, and in that pursuit I've been compiling my digi-portfolio, and these two videos are some gems i've uncovered that I almost forgot about....

"Code Name:Agent Zero" was shot back in 2003 in a day of driving around Chi with Lu, then edited/adjusted to make it look like an action movie. I totally forgot about this video, and still like it for how funny (i think) it is, and for the treatment of the video images with the multi-layered delay, something i used to mess around with a lot.

"The Swedish Meatball" still makes me laugh- it was originally an idea in spanish class back in high school with andy wright (his photo has a cameo in it), and the trailer was as far as the idea ever got. Swede-sploitation was the idea behind it- like a swedish action figure that doesn't say a word, just kicks some ass. The fake jerry bruckheimer quote says it all, "This is one meatball you don't want over for dinnner..."

No comments: