Monday, July 21, 2008

blend insomnia- a new mix...



Last night I woke up at 2:30am and couldn't sleep for some reason, so I played records and put a mix together.  Here's a zshare link to it: you can leave a separate window open and listen to it,  or download the whole thing there.  

1:01;49 trl, one take, no serato!
4 Moms- Ummah (Slum Village Remix)
Everyday is just an extension of yesterday- Troublemakers
Glowing- Pete Rock
Bounce (Club Mix) - Dj Cam
Who You Wit (Instrumental) - Ski
The Way You Do It (Instrumental) - 9th Wonder
Tinseltown to Boogiedown (Instrumental) - Ali Shaheed Muhammed
She Lives In My Lap- Andre Benjamin
Silent Treatment (Black Thought's 87' You and Yours Mix)- The Roots
Freestylin' - Greyboy
Check Tha Vibe (Instrumental) - Dred Scott
Nuthin' Ta Lose (Nuthin' but Sax Mix) - Dred Scott
Ring Ring Ring (Piles and Piles of Demo Tapes Mix) - De La Soul
Soul Flower (live) - Brand New Heavies ft The Pharcyde
A Rollerskating Jam Named Saturdays - De La Soul
Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run Mix) - Billy Ocean
Everything She Wants - Wham!
Power of Love (Extended) - Huey Lewis and the News
Boogie in Your Butt - Eddie Murphy
Don't Stop Til You Get Enough - Micheal Jackson
Express- Andres
The Comeback of the Average Joe - Nikolaj Bentzon
That Lady - The Isley Brothers
Plastic Dreams - Jaydee
The Way You Move - Big Boi ft Sleepy Brown

Generally I scratch more on these mixes I make, but for some reason I didn't almost at all on this one.  I wanted it to mostly be long blends, some came out a little ehh, but a lot were good enough.  I might use this as a demo to give to some places for some djing work, or not! We'll see how much I still like it in a few days.

No comments: