Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Chicago - 2004


My last semester in Chicago had me in a class that empathized composition in shooting video and film. The class was divided into teams to shoot, then edit together short pieces of life in the city of Chicago. It was taught by Daniel Eisenberg, and we had a very nice german artist assisting/visiting the class during the semester. I don't recall his name, or even the exact name of the class. I do, however, recall the concentration the class had on the physical art of shooting well, and waiting for action to happen within the frame. It was something I felt that I already knew going into the class, but then realized I didn't appreciate how to do it well, and striving to do it better has left a lasting impression on me.

This video was my own contribution to our groups footage. A few shots I believe made it into our final effort, but I truly can't recall. I had lost this tape since it's inception, and re-finding it recently has been a lot of fun to edit into something short.

The only audio is what was native to the shots occurring at the moment. Nothing ground breaking I suppose- just a time capsule of a city right before I moved away from it. So I guess it's here as a piece of personal documentation. So be it.

No comments: