Sunday, January 29, 2006

Step-Up, Step/Step/Step-Up!


...bluebird days go along with the absence of new snow, but are more than tolerable when trying to get filming done. High pressure systems have been residing over the big sky area and we are making the most of it with a step-up just a little out of the way of the mountain traffic. this was a full day endeavor. the jump itself took a solid 2 hours to sculpt, and when it was done it was a slight disappointment. The real hazards of this experience came from the runway, which involved a blind turn going over some thin coverage as fast as possible. There was no way around this however if you wanted to make it up the step-up, so we just dealt with it. I think the snowpack was very uncondusive to hiking early on also, because getting up hill was a combination of walking and swimming. The first half the day we filmed a timelapse of the construction, which came out great with the clouds rolling over top.

I said the jump was a slight disappointment because it wasn't as lofty as it should have been,which had to do with our original placement of the jump- the runway was steep and the transition asked a lot out of your legs, so setup time was last-second. We were hoping for a better collection of trickery possibilities, but the session became a fs 3 fest, which is better than nothing i guess.

After lunch we returned for more, and after a few more times I was good on it. The day coulda been over then, but the repair shop gave me a 12 pack of beer, so we sat and drank in the sun. Not soon after a huck-fest ensued and everything got crazy. By 3 we left to take a few G laps and once thru Siberia to check another spot to build.

Stay tuned to catch all the recent blogpost footage to appear of Chapter 2...

The instrumental LP by Jay Dee, "Donuts" is whats up today with music.....speaking of which here we have Rob Gray eating some Doughnuts in front of the jump that morning.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the new dope tracks for you! I got these two amazing mixtapes. Im sure they'll livin up your slopes! J Rocc "Live at the sex machine" and "Sex Machine Today" get on the net baby! ima send you the files. even better gimme your email and ima www.yousendit.com it to you! They're old actually, but new to me.

ben said...

yeah ive heard of those mixes before but never completely rocked out to them, so hellsyea i want em. either benrussell22@gmail.com or ill catch u on Adium later!

Chris Jackson (Pooba) said...

Damn, thats a lot of snow. Looks like fun. Wish I had the funds to make it out there this year. I think I'll have to wait til next year though. We'll see. I know, I know, but at least I made it out last year...
I think you'll like this group Ratatat. I'm gonna YouSendIt to you....

Anonymous said...

I liked the pics so much, I bought the tix. March 16-21. I'll get at you later with the details.

Just 6 short weeks, save some snow for me.

ben said...

hellzyea theres plenty of snow and more coming....

Chapter 2- January is done and uploading to google now. ill link it up when its available!

Anonymous said...

using my elite haxoring skills, I just got a sneak peak of chapter 2. Good stuff, I can't wait.

mh said...

It looks so beautiful. Reminds me of Indiana and Chicago when i was growing up 'cept for twice the snow and lots of hills.